In this guide, we’ll show you how to hide WooCommerce product categories by country. You will be able to create different catalogs for different countries.
You may need to hide entire product categories by country for several reasons:
- You sell any product that is banned in a specific country
- Your products are too weighty, and you don’t want to ship them to avoid high shipping costs
- You want to sell a specific product locally only
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to hide product categories by country using the Country Catalogs for WooCommerce plugin.
Once you restrict your categories by country, they won’t be seen in any part of the website. Your customers won’t see the categories neither in the navigation menus nor in the category lists of the website.
You need to follow these steps to hide product categories by country:
1- Install the “Country Catalogs for WooCommerce” plugin
This plugin allows you to restrict products, categories, variations and coupons by country, continent, region, or state.
2- Set up the global settings of the plugin
First, you need to set up the global settings of the plugin to hide product categories by country:
- Geolocation method: Here you need to select how your site will identify the customers’ geolocation. In this case, we will show a country selector in the site’s header.
- Fallback geolocation method: This is a secondary geolocation method that will be used when the primary geolocation method doesn’t work for any reason.
- Restrict by: Country and continents
- Hit Save changes.
3- Restrict WooCommerce product categories by country
Now that you have set up the global settings of the plugin, you can proceed to restrict your WooCommerce product categories by country.
You just need to:
- Go to WooCommerce > Categories.
- Open the category you want to edit.
Once you have opened the category you will restrict by country, you need to select the following values:
- Select countries: Enter the countries where your category will be restricted.
- Available in selected countries: No
- Apply this to: Category and products
Once you select these values, hit Update to save the changes.
Once you have edited your WooCommerce category, it will be restricted for the countries you entered. For example, you can see that the Accessories category appears without problems when we select the United States in the dropdown selector. That happens because that country has not been blocked.
However, if you select one of the countries where your WooCommerce product categories are restricted, the category will disappear from everywhere on your store.
Definitely, hiding entire categories for specific countries is a simple task if you use the Country Catalogs for WooCommerce plugin.