In this tutorial, we will show you how to hide WooCommerce products by country.
This allows you to create WooCommerce catalogs by country by showing certain products to specific countries and hidding them to other countries. It’s a great way to edit product visibility by country.
This can be useful when, for instance, This can be useful when some of your products are not allowed in a specific country, or when shipping taxes are really high in a country, and you prefer not to ship your products to that country.
However, WooCommerce doesn’t allows you to create product catalogs based on the country of the customer.
Country Catalogs for WooCommerce
We’ll show you how to hide WooCommerce products by country, using the Country Catalogs for WooCommerce plugin.
Country Catalogs for WooCommerce allows you to create product catalogs based on the customer’s country. You can create different stores per country using the same WordPress site. Just hide or show products in the countries you want.
Once you’ve installed the Country Catalogs for WooCommerce plugin, follow these steps to hide products by country.
Set up the global settings to hide WooCommerce products by country
The first thing we need to do is configure the global settings of Country Catalogs for WooCommerce.
- Go to WooCommerce > Advanced Country Restrictions.
- Hit Open Global Settings.
Once you open the Global Settings, go to General and configure the following values to hide your products by country:
- Geolocation Method: There are different geolocation methods that allow your store to know when to show or hide products:
- IP (automatic)
- Show country/state selector in the header
- Shipping country/state on checkout
- Billing country/state on checkout
- Fallback geolocation method: This is a secondary geolocation method for when the system doesn’t find the user country with the primary method.
- What happens when the user location is unknown: When the customer’s country is not known, you can show or hide all the products.
- Restriction method: Hide product from the catalog
- Restrict by: Country and continents.
- Once you’re done, hit Save changes.
Now that you have set up the global settings of the plugin, you have at least two options to hide your WooCommerce products by country.
OPTION 1: Globally hide WooCommerce products by country
The first option you have is to globally edit the WooCommerce product visibility by country. This means you will completely block a specific country from viewing your products on the WooCommerce store.
- Select country: Enter the country or countries where you want to hide all your products.
- Sell in selected countries: No
- Click on Save changes
Once you save the changes, customers from the restricted countries won’t be able to view any products on your store.
The plugin gives you the option to configure a popup asking the customers to select their country when they visit the store.
Also, users will be able to select their country on the site’s header.
In this example, we have selected Guatemala, and no products are displayed on the store because we have hidden our WooCommerce products for all the countries in Central America.
However, if we select an allowed country such as Canada, all the products in our store will be displayed without problems.
OPTION 2: Individually hide specific product by country
Another option is to hide individual products by country. In this case, the restriction won’t be global; instead, we need to open and edit our WooCommerce products individually to hide them by country.
This allows you to create WooCommerce catalogs by country without any problem.
- Go to WooCommerce > Products.
- Open a product you want to hide by country.
As you see in the screenshot below, we will edit the first product that appears on our WooCommerce store:
We have opened that product, and we will hide it for the following countries: Mexico, Colombia, Guatemala. We just need to select the following values:
- Selected countries: Enter the countries where you want to hide your product.
- Available in selected countries: No
- Update the product to save the changes.
If you now check your store and select once of the blocked countries, you’ll see that the product doesn’t appear. For example, here we have selected Colombia, a country where our product was hidden, and you can see it doesn’t appear on the store page:
However, if we select United States or any other country where our product was not hidden, the product will be displayed without problems:
Start hiding WooCommerce Products by country!
The Country Catalogs for WooCOmmerce plugin makes it really simple for you to edit product visibility by country. You can create different catalogs for different countries without any problems.